Cabelas "Black Friday Sale"

Site is back up but starting to see some items say sold out, or not listed altogether. I bet the store is going to be a madhouse today!

I was going to head to one of the stores, probably Richfield, but just dont have any must haves on my list. I have too much crap as it is.

Did anyone get invited to the Friends and Family Sale at the stores tonight after they close the doors to the general public? Apparently you get the employee discount, not sure how much that is but I'm thinking about heading to the store. They are also doing drinks and apps.

I'm thinking only the black card members got invited but I don't know, anyone else get invited?

Did anyone get invited to the Friends and Family Sale at the stores tonight after they close the doors to the general public? Apparently you get the employee discount, not sure how much that is but I'm thinking about heading to the store. They are also doing drinks and apps.

I'm thinking only the black card members got invited but I don't know, anyone else get invited?

You must have to be black to get an invite.:D

I am silver and I didn't get invited.

Do you get the hardbound books/magazines at the silver level? I guess spending a boatload of money on a credit card has its perks!

Dumb enough to go to Cabelas on Black Friday.

So I was dumb enough to get up early and go to Cabelas. I didn't really have anything better to do. Ox has a cut he is healing from, so I could not hunt. So I got up and drove up to the store. I thought I could be one of the first 600 and get one of the freebies then maybe find something I wanted in the store. I got to the store at 4am. I was not even close to being in the first 600. I was probably around the 1600th in line. For those of you familiar with the Kansas City store: the line started at the front doors weaves back and forth down the sidewalk to the east edge of the parking lot. It then headed south all the way down the east side of the lot. Then turned and headed west. I couldn't really tell how far the line headed west at 5.

Foolish morning. Although after Cabelas I ran up to Rogers and got some incredible deals. I really like that store.

I skipped the stores and took the pup out -- no birds today but the wag of his tail was worth it. We stopped by Theisens on the way home and while it was busy, it wasn't crazy. Bought a couple bags of dog food with the Black Friday Coupon, some vetwrap and half a dozen cheapie fleece blankets for the kennels.

Muuuch better than fighting over a toaster at wal mart. ;)

That is weird, not sure how they determine it then, I guess I'll just consider myself luck

I used to be black, but I've been silver for 2 years now.:D Proud of myself for cutting back on my spending, but I do miss getting new toys. :laugh:

I thought the hardbacks went to all cabelas card holders... :confused:

If somebody wants one and isn't getting it, you can call or email their customer service and probably get on the list. I called Cabelas and BPS both and got taken off their catalog list (except for the Cabelas hardback).

I used to be black, but I've been silver for 2 years now.:D Proud of myself for cutting back on my spending, but I do miss getting new toys. :laugh:

I thought the hardbacks went to all cabelas card holders... :confused:

If somebody wants one and isn't getting it, you can call or email their customer service and probably get on the list. I called Cabelas and BPS both and got taken off their catalog list (except for the Cabelas hardback).

it is strange. I can't actually remember ever getting any cabelas magazine now that I think of it. i get the postcards and the newspaper type flyers, but that is it. my dad gets a big "shooters" catalog, a big fishing one, a hunting one, all sorts of them. might have to stop in at the customer service desk and ask how they figure that out next time. in all honesty, i would rather not get them anyway. i do pretty much all my shopping online and cannot remember the last time i sat down and looked through a paper catalog.

The barrage of catalogs is constant. I agree, they would lose nothing by only sending me sale post cards and the bound book. I end up with 4-5 in a pile before I can look at them and in the trash they go. I'm gonna change that online, no need to waste all that paper

in all honesty, i would rather not get them anyway. i do pretty much all my shopping online and cannot remember the last time i sat down and looked through a paper catalog.

This is exactly what I told Cabelas and BPS, and it worked. I was just like BlackCloud27, I think I also had one day when I got 4 and decided enough is enough. I asked them to just send me the hardback and sale flyers from the KC store, and now that's all I get. It's great! An email is more efficient for them to send and me to delete anyway.:D:cheers:

Got to play with the astro a little bit. I don't know...I don't see how this will allow me to leave the beeper at home. It is pretty cool though, although the basemap is absolutely useless. Have to get a map program for it. Heading out in the morning to try it in the field....hopefully I like it, but I have my doubts.

Holy Moses, before you buy a chip for your astro, talk to your dad. Some of the guys he coyote hunts with, can help you out, if that does not work have your dad call my brother....

Back