CA Lodges and Guides

gewilber

We are planning a hunting trip for pheasant and quail in CA. We would also be interested in hunting ducks on the trip. We prefer to hunt wild birds only at a private ranch or lodge with a guide. Our party consists of four experienced hunters (one a senior citizen)and one experienced lab.

Would appreciate any thoughts you may have as to where, who and when.

Thanks for your assistance. George

There is a guide service in northern California, I think in Gridley or Coulusa, that hunts so prime private riceland for pheasants and ducks. The pheasant hunting is decent (wild birds) but I know the duck hunting is amazing up there in the flooded rice fields. Quail should be thick up there as well in any riparian areas or anywhere with berry briars. I can't remember the name of the guide but I'll try to find it for you.

This maybe a good place to start, its a list of nor cal guides.

http://www.northstateoutdoors.com/i...tent&view=category&layout=blog&id=15&Itemid=7

Just ask if they have any options to hunt only wild pheasant, any guide in the Butte, Coulusa, Gridley area should be able to put you on wild birds.

We hunt the Richvale hunting area and even though they plant birds we found it to be about 50/50 plants and natives but Richvale is a DIY deal.

Back