Buying shells online - before next fall

I’ve not had to search for any as I’ve had my stash and likely have 5-6 years worth still for myself and my buddy depending on number of days hunted and such. Will continue to add to the total though as I see it at a price I’m comfortable with.

I just bought a A5 Browning 16 gauge, my son in law stated you won't find ammo for it, I now have 200 rounds sitting on the shelve waiting for next years hunting season to start with. Four boxes of #4 shot and 4 boxes of # 6 shot have another two boxes of # 8 shot but will be going out soon and trying it on a sporting clay course. Didn't take me long to find it, I bought two boxes online and the rest local, update ordered a case online of Fiocchi 16 gauge. I'm set for awhile.

Last edited:
Anybody bought shells online before? This season I used up old shells but am almost out, and never see any stock in stores around here. I'd like to buy a case full online and I don't really care when they arrive as long as it's before October. However, I really can't find anywhere that lets me pre-order? Most are just keep checking to see when in-stock or get notified when in stock. It looks like from Boss you can pre-order, and while they are great shells, I'd rather try and find something that is in the $20/box range rather than $35+ range. Looks like most places have free shipping when buying over $50 or $100.
I have in the past. If I buy a new gun with a different caliber I will buy what for me is basically a lifetime supply. I have a couple of cases of 20ga/28ga and assorted rifle calibers. As I get older all I know is that I'm sitting on a gold mine! I distinctly remember my wife asking me why in the world I would need so many rounds and I told her I might have to shoot that many times.

Online purchases were simple and easy, but I don't like the loss on anonymity.

I've only shot their #5. I really like them. I haven't used those 3/5...doesn't sound like a good idea to me, but it's probably a good marketing ploy.

Sign up to get notified when they're back in stock. That's what I did. But, you better be ready to buy when they're available, because they don't last long.
I shot their 3/5's out of my 20 this year and really liked them, especially late season. A couple guys I hunt with shot their 5's out of 20's this year and loved them. I am buying a case of 5's for my 20 & 28 for next season.

When I do buy online, I usually buy from midway, just because I like Larry Potterfield! He reminds me of a guy I knew in High School the strait laced guy nobody paid much attention to who became a zillionaire!

Back