Buttery Pheasant Curry

Yeah, Indian food has a bunch of unique spices you need for it. If you don't want to buy them all, you can pick up a jar of curry powder at the grocery store. This is an amalgamation of the most common spices used in Indian quisine.

Dang. I was really hoping I'd have most of the ingredients & wouldn't have to go buy a bunch. Guess not. I suppose if I make pheasant curry 27 times with the oddball stuff I'd need, eventually it'll become a normal priced meal. 😉 Thanks for the recipe!
Just go buy some packaged Indian curry powder, sprinkle on cut up pheasant pieces and let rest in fridge for a few hours. If you add some chopped garlic it will help.

Fry some thinly sliced onions in oil until well browned, add chicken and brown. Throw in a few bay leaves.
Then add yogurt/coconut milk or just water along with any veggies you want to add. I like cauliflower and peas but can do potatoes, peppers, spinach etc. I also add a good amount of hot red pepper powder to give it kick. Cook until veggies are cooked through and sauce is thickened. (Be careful not to add too much liquid as veggies will give off more than you think).

Serve over basmati rice.

I have some leftovers in my fridge right now - with cauliflower and spinach.

Back