Brrrrrr, looks cold

PTH

Dang it's looking cold up there. Planning on coming up next week to chase some pheasants. Hunted Montana a few times and it is usually a fun time. Curious how the pheasant numbers are doing between Great Falls/Shelby. From the few reports I have found it sounds like about an average year, does that sound about right? Thanks. Happy Hunting!

Late winter hunting is by all means here, temps forecast close to -10 for HIGHS coming days, windy weather to blow snow around. If your out, take care of your pups! I've seen some stupid owners in all my years of bird hunting, won't go into them now, but they need a lot of TLC when weathers like this!

GAME ON MONTANA! It's been a long time, headed up tomorrow can't wait! Looks like it's going to be a windy mother goose, but temps look like they will be bearable. Hopefully a few rooster stick around long enough for some good shooting. Just me, the old man, uncle, and the bird machine.

Well that was a tough trip, wind blew like hell the 3 days we were there. Very tough hunting. Saw a fair amount of birds driving around, but good luck getting on the property to hunt, I believe mostly due to tracking the farmer down then a yes or no. Although the one I did find told us no. We did manage to put up a few birds mostly out of range, but 6 roosters gave us a good opportunity and we made it count on 5 of them. I missed the one that flew onward and upward, best chance we had all day, must have been defective loads... 7 month old FB did great, minded very well, and put us on a couple birds. No sharpies, and one group of Huns. That about wraps the season up for me. Might get the dog out on the farm a couple times just to get him more exposure. Have a safe and Merry Christmas.

Sorry about the wind. I was out a week ago on the high line, very cold, lots of wind. I got some roosters, but I really had to work for them. The ones that flush in December , in Montana, have been shot at a lot!i have a great private ranch in central mt. That I can get on in late December that holds good bird numbers, looking forward to that.Hope you guys had a good time out there. It can get challenging in the wind and snow.

Back