Browning Safety Vest - Don't waste your $

btomlin

I bought my hunting partner 2 browning safety vests for his 2 labs. I figured between him buying neoprene vests, dog blinds, vet bills, feed, etc. that I would get a couple vests for "the boys" to protect them (thought it was a good gesture) from some of the briars, etc. when we are bird hunting vs our normal waterfowl hunting.

It has been warm here, so yesterday morning was the 1st day they wore these vests. We left the truck at 8:30 and returned to the truck at 10am and the vests couldn't make it the 1.5 hrs. WTF...pretty hard to get anything made worth a crap anymore. The buckle straps on the back had pulled loose from their stitching....1 row of stitching that is. I hadn't noticed this when I originally got them.

I have them now at a gal's house now having the buckle straps removed and having "industrial grade" velcro installed in their place. Hopefully, this will work.

Browning said I could send them back and they may send new ones, but I figured I would end up with same p.o.s after paying to ship so am going this route.

Just an fyi.

Mendota skid plate works well for our dogs. GSP. Had to wash and dry a few times to soften them up.

Bought a Orvis dog vests and my older shorthair annhialated it. They don't make them anymore. Tried a Sylmar. Very well made but chafed her too much.

Back