Browning Maxus 2

Well my new Browning Maxus 2 Wicked Wing 12 gauge with a 26 inch barrel came in today. I will pick it up Monday. Can't wait to give it try. Going to take it to Iowa on the 18th.
If it’s much like the original, then you will be very pleased! I have a Maxus from the year they were introduced (2009), and it’s been my “daily driver” ever since. I’ve taken countless critters with it, and have fired thousands upon thousands of rounds through it. It has been “go-to-war” reliable. I intend to keep shooting mine for many years to come. I have no doubt that the Maxus 2 will be just as good (or better)!

If it’s much like the original, then you will be very pleased! I have a Maxus from the year they were introduced (2009), and it’s been my “daily driver” ever since. I’ve taken countless critters with it, and have fired thousands upon thousands of rounds through it. It has been “go-to-war” reliable. I intend to keep shooting mine for many years to come. I have no doubt that the Maxus 2 will be just as good (or better)!
I got it all cleaned up and put the IC choke in tonight. Can't wait til Saturday to fire at few birds. I am hoping for a softer recoil than my old Gold Hunter. Those 1 3/8 and 1 1/2 heavy pheasant loads delivered a thump.

You should be pleased with the recoil. I've unloaded my gun with heavy loads in a t-shirt with my Maxus (Original) and hardly feel anything.

You should be pleased with the recoil. I've unloaded my gun with heavy loads in a t-shirt with my Maxus (Original) and hardly feel anything.
Still the softest shooting 12 gage I’ve fired, even more than a decade after its introduction. There’s no doubt in my mind that the Maxus deserves a place at the table in the conversation of “best autoloading shotguns of all time”.

Jeff, I’m very interested to hear your thoughts on your new scattergun after you get to “break her in”. Anxious to get a report once you get back from Iowa! :)

There’s no doubt in my mind that the Maxus deserves a place at the table in the conversation of “best autoloading shotguns of all time”.
I totally agree. It really is a great gun. I've had mine for 10 years I think now and the only issue I've had is the bolt handle once fell out in the field somehow? And I didn't notice until I got back to the truck so I had to order a couple new ones. Not anything specific to that gun by any means. I just carry a spare in my bag from now on just in case. Other than that, it's been flawless.

Still the softest shooting 12 gage I’ve fired, even more than a decade after its introduction. There’s no doubt in my mind that the Maxus deserves a place at the table in the conversation of “best autoloading shotguns of all time”.

Jeff, I’m very interested to hear your thoughts on your new scattergun after you get to “break her in”. Anxious to get a report once you get back from Iowa! :)
I have a case of Kent Ultimate Fast Lead 1 3/8 oz to test her out with. Those things would knock your dentures out with my Franchi and Montefeltro. Curious to how the extended choke tubes will pattern but won't probably get to it on paper, birds only!!!!!

I like the Carlson Cremators in mine. Little tighter pattern, shorter shot string. It did not come with extended chokes.

You shouldn't have an issue with those shells West. I've shot those before and the gun handles them well. The hottest loads I've experienced were Remington Hypersonic Steel, with my old pump they would kill my shoulder. With my Maxus, it's smooth sailing.

You shouldn't have an issue with those shells West. I've shot those before and the gun handles them well. The hottest loads I've experienced were Remington Hypersonic Steel, with my old pump they would kill my shoulder. With my Maxus, it's smooth sailing.
Good to here. Going to look for some Kent Bismuth to take up to Iowa.

Well went 3 for 3 with the new Maxus. Very soft shooting. I like it.

Attachments

• IMG_20211212_094629914.jpg
    IMG_20211212_094629914.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 19
Back