Browning A5 S16 Guys Step In

What non toxic shoots best? I have only shot lead and shot lead well. Next year will I'd like to give the gun a chance at waterfowl. I know availability of rounds is at a premium. Just wondering what you have found to shoot the best, and what choke

For my Auto-5's it's been Bismuth in #5 and #6 shot in my Sweet 16 and Light 20 (choked MOD and IC respectively) and in my Model 12 16 gauge, also choked MOD. I don't shoot steel through any of my Auto-5's (all Belgian made). It would be interesting to try the new BOSS loads but they are woefully expensive.

Lots of guys like BOSS bismuth. I've never tried it. Kent bismuth is great for me in both my new style & old style Sweet 16s. #5s. MOD choke, although all gun/choke/load combinations perform different. Stay clear of HeviBismuth. They short change you on the amount of bismuth (barely over 1 oz; claim 1-1/8 oz). If a new style Sweet 16, HeviShot is great stuff. Although you'd likely be fine if sticking to smaller shot sizes (4, 5, 6) and choke MOD or looser in an old style gun, I wouldn't do it personally. That's just me.

Lots of guys like BOSS bismuth. I've never tried it. Kent bismuth is great for me in both my new style & old style Sweet 16s. #5s. MOD choke, although all gun/choke/load combinations perform different. Stay clear of HeviBismuth. They short change you on the amount of bismuth (barely over 1 oz; claim 1-1/8 oz). If a new style Sweet 16, HeviShot is great stuff. Although you'd likely be fine if sticking to smaller shot sizes (4, 5, 6) and choke MOD or looser in an old style gun, I wouldn't do it personally. That's just me.
What about loads like Black Cloud in a newer S16?

I’ve had good luck with the Kent Upland Bismuth #5 shot with my new Sweet 16. I killed a rooster with it this year and a couple last year. I have some of the Boss 16 ga #5 that I bought a few years ago before the crazy price increases. I haven’t shot any of the Boss but my wife used the Boss 20 ga ammo to kill a limit of ducks last year. It really hammered them.

Back