Browning A5...anyone seen one?

I've been looking and asking about those guns. As of 3 weeks ago, no one around here had one in stock yet.

They were supposed to be released this past spring, then this summer, now I'm assuming this fall:confused:

Yes, I handled one at Scheels in Lincoln NE sunday. They only have one and you have to put your name in to get on the list to buy one.

I have a Benilli Montefeltro 12 ga. I also have a 1968 Browning Auto 5 Belguim.

The new auto five was listed at $1400.00. It felt very simular to my Benilli in balance and weight. Nice gun.

That being said it looks alot different than an actual Auto 5. Simular but if you have been around a real auto-5 the new one looks kinda funny.

Personal opinion = I have shot over 3000 rounds thru my Montefeltro. It has never failed me. It was listed at $999.00 sunday at scheels. I would pick the Montefeltro hands down. I know its reliable, it looks great, and its cheaper.

Noplclkneb

Yes, I handled one at Scheels in Lincoln NE sunday. They only have one and you have to put your name in to get on the list to buy one.

I have a Benilli Montefeltro 12 ga. I also have a 1968 Browning Auto 5 Belguim.

The new auto five was listed at $1400.00. It felt very simular to my Benilli in balance and weight. Nice gun.

That being said it looks alot different than an actual Auto 5. Simular but if you have been around a real auto-5 the new one looks kinda funny.

Personal opinion = I have shot over 3000 rounds thru my Montefeltro. It has never failed me. It was listed at $999.00 sunday at scheels. I would pick the Montefeltro hands down. I know its reliable, it looks great, and its cheaper.

Noplclkneb

That's a good comparison. I have both handled and shot the new A5. My buddy bought one and we both felt it was essentially a higher-priced, humpback Benelli Montefeltro. He loves it. I think it looks kind of cheap compared to the authentic Auto-5. On the opposite side of the ejection port there are 4 allen/torx type screws that just look wrong. The bolt release looks kind of cheap and odd. It kicks! We shot it at skeet with 1 1/8 oz Gun Clubs and the recoil was snappy. Then I wanted to see what 3" steel felt like and after one shot I really didn't want to pull the trigger again. That hype about the "inflex" pad is just that. It's no Maxus or Vinci in the recoil department. Probably a decent upland auto if the ammo isn't too stiff, or shot too much. I was thinking about one for my "steel-shot" gun, but I'm going to pass. You may love it like my buddy.

The new A5 is not even close to the original. You are better off with a Silver or Maxus.

Back