Broods

Haven't been out in pheasant territory much but I would expect a so-so hatch. It has been a wet summer in the southern half of the state especially. Mott-Hettinger had a tornado last week along with some other severe weather in the last month. Seems severe thunderstorm warnings rolling across the tv almost daily. Probably will be some areas with very good hatches where they were spared some of the cool wet nights in June. Cover should be in very good shape; expect a late harvest as most areas are reporting at least 2 weeks behind normal.

Haven't been out in pheasant territory much but I would expect a so-so hatch. It has been a wet summer in the southern half of the state especially. Mott-Hettinger had a tornado last week along with some other severe weather in the last month. Seems severe thunderstorm warnings rolling across the tv almost daily. Probably will be some areas with very good hatches where they were spared some of the cool wet nights in June. Cover should be in very good shape; expect a late harvest as most areas are reporting at least 2 weeks behind normal.

Thanks for info.Not much action on this site yet

I finally saw my first brood just a half hour ago coming back in from farm....fuzzy ones so just days old and nine in the clutch. nice to see anything as I was giving up hope this year. Just South of Scranton Nd was the location...

Broods seem to be showing up more in the sw part of the state. Probably going to be similar to a bit better than last year. There will be some pockets where it is good and others will be pretty slim. If your hunting the sw this year be sure to talk to a contact as there was a lot of areas that experienced hail damage this year.

Back