Boys , Brush , Bobwhites and Birdogs

KSBrittman

The Boys with their Gsp's and a photo bomb by my Britt

Here is something you won't see very often , the Brittman holding a GSP , but a darn fine bird dog is a darn fine bird dog . This is my buddy dog who was tied with family commit over the holidays and asked that hunt him . This 7 month old pup pulled his own weight along side our veterans .

Here is our crew with a days bag of quail and a pheasant. We left our main area of operations where we mainly hunt quail in hopes of more pheasant . Our Pheasant hunt broke out into one of the best Quail hunts of the year with moving 9 coveys one day . All coveys were good sized . We wound up this last weekend with aprox 30 quail and 6 pheasants and many memories hunting with like minded people.

Awesome hunt and pic's with the kids and the other kids..Looks like all had a great day!! Thanks for sharing!!:10sign:

Very nice.

Wild quail are great birds. I remember the last time I was in NE Kansas hunting wild turkey ... the quail were still undecided if they should be in flocks or break-out for breeding season.

We walked into a few singles and pairs and two really nice coveys. One calm morning in particular the bobwhite males were calling ... roosters crowing ... toms gobbling ...

Terrific!!

Great pic and good looking dogs, especially the photo bomber! Glad to see you all had a successful hunt. Only 8 months 10 days till our grouse season opens!

Back