Bowman area

bird-bandit

Looking for some information from someone on the ground in The Bowman area I am curious about the corn as in how it did this year and how tall it got. I'm also curious as into the condition of the grasses like in the fence lines how tall they are. We hunt just south of bowman just trying to get a feal for the cover.

Hi, How far South? Most of the walk in plots have been hayed this year. Corn I see South of Bowman ranges from 4-5 feet tall. The exception is some East of the highway about 5 miles South that did better. Grass along fence lines isn't much shorter than normal but a lot less dense because of the drought.
I am not seeing much for birds just South 1-2 miles of Bowman this year. A lot of the remaining CRP land went under the mower blades this year.

Hope this helps.

Sad to say we cancelled our week long trip to Hettinger. Conditions just sound to poor to travel 9 hours to find little public land to hunt. We decided to do a week in our home state of MN. At least here we know the spots aren't hayed but it won't be near the adventure. Pretty bummed!!

i think you will be much happier staying at home.....i am not going to SD either, gong to another state closer to home.

I am close to the town of Bowman so could give you a very detailed account of your area if you wish. I could send some pics via cell phone also. Thanks JO BO

I am close to the town of Bowman so could give you a very detailed account of your area if you wish. I could send some pics via cell phone also. Thanks JO BO

I would greatly appreciate some info from the ground I will send you my phone number in a private message

Back