Blizzard Buster Pheasants Forever

I used some PF seed once that had sunflowers, millet and grain sorghum (not sure what it was called), along with other food plots, the birds were in all of them. I think corn and grain sorghum are the major foods we plant, we also have sunflowers, seems by winter most of the sunflowers are consumed.

We have planted it several times on our CRP food plots. The first year out out of production it was a tall impenetrable wall of milo and the birds loved it. It was hard to hunt since it was over our heads, but it was great cover in the winter. The next couple years were not as good with more weed pressure and less than optimal growing conditions and trying other things. We had Dual II magnum sprayed this past spring and it seemed to help then it got dry and the plots were ok but not great. We plant some in corn and some in milo and I try and have my dad plant blizzard buster exclusively in the milo plots. He got some free covey rise one year and wanted to try that and it is not nearly as good of cover as blizzard buster is. From now on we only plant the blizzard buster or corn, some of each, in our 5 plots.

Back