Bird numbers?

On hunting two states:

I've hunted every two state combination possible from North Dakota to Kansas, Iowa and Minnesota. Yes, it's legal. No state can dictate behavior in another state. I've been stopped by Wardens, Biologists, and a State Trooper.

Only one had a problem, a Warden in S.C. NE told me I couldn't bring a pheasant from Kansas across the border and continue hunting in NE.. His response to me was, I don't care if you're breaking the law or not, I just write tickets, judges decide if you're guilty.

He made a call to the office in Lincoln and they told him if the guy is legally licensed in both states, leave him alone.

Every other official I've discussed this subject with has been very intrigued with the idea. I've talked to biologists when planning a trip and told them of my intent and they always ask me to call them back and let them know how I did. Buy your licenses and hunt away!

I utilize the trail option on my garmin gps in my vehicle . I reset the trails every morning and take a picture of it whenever I move to another spot, and particularly another state .

I watched an episode of the Flush last year where the did this. They hunted (3 guys) In ND till Noon and then went to SD after noon.

On hunting two states:

I've hunted every two state combination possible from North Dakota to Kansas, Iowa and Minnesota. Yes, it's legal. No state can dictate behavior in another state. I've been stopped by Wardens, Biologists, and a State Trooper.

Only one had a problem, a Warden in S.C. NE told me I couldn't bring a pheasant from Kansas across the border and continue hunting in NE.. His response to me was, I don't care if you're breaking the law or not, I just write tickets, judges decide if you're guilty.

He made a call to the office in Lincoln and they told him if the guy is legally licensed in both states, leave him alone.

Every other official I've discussed this subject with has been very intrigued with the idea. I've talked to biologists when planning a trip and told them of my intent and they always ask me to call them back and let them know how I did. Buy your licenses and hunt away!

My type of guy I think & feel the same way I'm sure u read my prior post... I plan to border hope IA/MN this year hope I don't get the warden that just write tickets them the wardens I don't care for...

It looks to me like an increase in numbers from last year. I have been seeing what looks like three different sizes of babies. The majority are just about the size where they begin to change color, then there are the birds about 2/3 grown and then to a lesser extent very young small birds that look to be hatch-lings . We had a lot of pheasants survive the 2015-2016 hunting season, plenty of snow last winter but not all at once and never enough to trap them under the snow. Spring rains were spread out so low lands in my area that normally flood didn't. I am optimistic about this season. Pheasant hunting is my passion and I missed out on last year's season due to a knee injury. It has taken a lot of time and work but I am back and ready to go. It has been hot the last few weeks but I have started conditioning and training the dogs in the early morning just after sunrise. It gets messy for me because of the dew but I don't have to worry about the dogs overheating. I can't wait for opening day....

Thanks for the honest report NC IA TAIL CHASER... I've only herd better & better reports...

Happy u r back able to hunt hope ur knee is good to go happy hunting...

Back