Bird hunt

beaglebob1

Any Ohio folks want to get together and do some bird hunting in our state?
I have 3 English pointers and a GSP
bobby g

Bob,
always game to hunt birds, I have 3 goldens but if I remember correctly we are at the opposite ends of the state. I am east of Toledo closer to the walleye capital of Port Clinton. You are near Cinncy, correct ? Maybe game though always looking to do something with my kids and dogs.
brian

Bob,
always game to hunt birds, I have 3 goldens but if I remember correctly we are at the opposite ends of the state. I am east of Toledo closer to the walleye capital of Port Clinton. You are near Cinncy, correct ? Maybe game though always looking to do something with my kids and dogs.
brian
We have a small wild population of quail in the clermont co area. I have a surrogator in operation at this time and on its 3rd batch. I think we should be able to get another 125 out before the weather turns. So if you get a chance to come to my area we should have some birds. My farm is set up with lots of cover, creeks ponds and over grown fields surrounded by corn and bean fields with nice wooded breaks between. We even ran two batches of Pheasants this year and they are flying great.If that does not work I have 3 champion rabbit dogs that can get it done. HAVE SEVERAL 1000 ACERS to hunt on that is private.
bobby g:)

Beaglebob- I am about 2-2.5 hours north of you but would be open to make a trip down. Most likely gonna miss my usual trip out west so will have to live on OH hunting for this year. Would your pointing dogs be OK with a flusher joining them? Drop me a PM.

Matt D

dont see why not. mainly quail, wildlife areas have a few parrots.
bobby g

We can set out 50-60 quail the night before anytime. i still have two batches that can make it to the surrogator, after a week or so they are flying pretty good, take the dogs out and bump them several times a week, they are staying within 1/4 mile or so from release point.
bobby g

Just new to Ohio would like to join you I have a 3 yr old Gsp I am a little south east of Columbus How far are you

I'm in Hamilton up in Butler county and actually lived in Clermont county (graduated from Goshen). Would love to take you up on that sometime. I am getting back into hunting after about ten years. I ran beagles for about 25 years prior to that. I have never been bird hunting and have the itch to try it (thus my hanging out on a phez hunting forum).

Hello All

Fellow buckeye hunter here. The season is getting closer, temps cooling, dogs in training. I have 2 adult GSP's and 2 pups I am selling. But would like to meet up and make new hunting contacts. I also make a trip to SD each year, perhaps 2 to 3 trips this year if I am lucky enough to find other hunters to share cost. I have been fortunate enough to do all the legwork and get it down to an extremely cheap price.

If anyone is interested in going out to SD, feel free to contact me. I am not a guide, just a fellow hunter who has taken all the steps to setup an incredible pheasant hunt in some incredible country for years to come.

Look forward to hearing from you.

I'm in Hamilton up in Butler county and actually lived in Clermont county (graduated from Goshen). Would love to take you up on that sometime. I am getting back into hunting after about ten years. I ran beagles for about 25 years prior to that. I have never been bird hunting and have the itch to try it (thus my hanging out on a phez hunting forum).

I still run my beagles!! Ran ARHA for years. your close think it would be fun

Just new to Ohio would like to join you I have a 3 yr old Gsp I am a little south east of Columbus How far are you

bethel area clermont county

Fellow buckeye hunter here. The season is getting closer, temps cooling, dogs in training. I have 2 adult GSP's and 2 pups I am selling. But would like to meet up and make new hunting contacts. I also make a trip to SD each year, perhaps 2 to 3 trips this year if I am lucky enough to find other hunters to share cost. I have been fortunate enough to do all the legwork and get it down to an extremely cheap price.

If anyone is interested in going out to SD, feel free to contact me. I am not a guide, just a fellow hunter who has taken all the steps to setup an incredible pheasant hunt in some incredible country for years to come.

Please tell us more!!!:)

I'd love to get together with you guys as well. All my buddies hunt deer and turkey but no upland. I"m looking to meet some new hunting buddies to hunt birds with. I've got a 3 y.o. gsp and I live in N.E. ohio but am open to drive whereever.

lmountjo-If I had known about your trip earlier I would have been all over it. I have already planned trips to Kansas and Michigan. I would be up for possibly substituting a Kansas WIHA hunting trip to hunt S.D. private land but the catch is I've already taken off the days for the week of Thanksgiving. I know its not likely, but if you don't mind missing turkey day with your family we may be able to make something work. It would be both my father and I. I'll follow up with a pm with you.

Any Ohio folks want to get together and do some bird hunting in our state?
I have 3 English pointers and a GSP
bobby g

just added another gsp to the team:)

I'd love to get together with you guys as well. All my buddies hunt deer and turkey but no upland. I"m looking to meet some new hunting buddies to hunt birds with. I've got a 3 y.o. gsp and I live in N.E. ohio but am open to drive whereever.

lmountjo-If I had known about your trip earlier I would have been all over it. I have already planned trips to Kansas and Michigan. I would be up for possibly substituting a Kansas WIHA hunting trip to hunt S.D. private land but the catch is I've already taken off the days for the week of Thanksgiving. I know its not likely, but if you don't mind missing turkey day with your family we may be able to make something work. It would be both my father and I. I'll follow up with a pm with you.

how is the hunting in Michigan? Never hunted Mi

sounds great. let me see how things progress

do you know rick howard

Beagle Bob, I'll tell you about the Michigan hunt after next weekend. That will be my first trip there. Then headed back the 21st. From what I hear the grouse hunting is suppose to be very good. The guys I'm going with go every year and they keep going back.

What would you guys think of everyone getting together 11/6, the weekend of the pheasant opener at Deer Creek. It's in the middle of the state and there are wild pheasants there.

What would you guys think of everyone getting together 11/6, the weekend of the pheasant opener at Deer Creek. It's in the middle of the state and there are wild pheasants there.

sounds like a plan:cheers:

Back