Bird Dog Injury

BPATT11

Looking for some help. I was running my dog in our usual spot and it was at night. He yelped and came running back with a good cut on his eye and a bump on the other. Eventually blood began to drip out of his nose. He hit a branch or something. I am wondering what to do? How do dog's nose systems get damaged how to tell if they are? When to take your dog into the vet. Just a really jarring thing, and I am looking for help.

Eye injury will probably need vet treatment. Blood in nose coming through nasolacrimal duct . no injury to nose.

Eye injury will probably need vet treatment. Blood in nose coming through nasolacrimal duct . no injury to nose.
Agreed, if there’s an eye injury I would head to vet, if not I would wait 24 hours before making any decision, dogs are tougher then we think and heal fast

I would just monitor how they are doing but ultimately it's up to you to decide if it's vet worthy. Last January, the night before I left for Nebraska for a week of bird hunting, my dog ran into something in my back yard (I think my ATV trailer or my boat trailer) at night, I assume chasing a rabbit, and came in with a nasty cut on her head and blood coming out of her nose. She was a little groggy at the moment, just acting strange. I cleaned the cut and just monitored her that night and the next day while driving the 9 hours to Nebraska.

The blood coming out of her nose I think was a result of the impact, like a blunt force trauma type thing. And maybe had a concussion since she was kinda groggy and acting funny for about 5-10 minutes. Ultimately turned out ok but it's definitely unnerving seeing blood coming out their nose.

Back