best video training for a new Brittany

Perfect Start/Perfect Finish by Perfection Kennels. If you are consistent and follow through with this video series, you will have a very nice finished dog. I think it is the best pointing dog video series available.

Anything by Delmar/Rick Smith.

They wrote the book on training top tier Brittanies. LITERALLY. :cheers:

All of my Britts have been staunch from the get go ... a little wing when they are real young and "whoa"ing on our walks has all I have ever needed to do.

I do use check cords when they are young and we are hunting planted birds. More to slow the chasing than the breaking.

Whoa tables, barrels, ropes with stakes, etc... never needed. That said, I am sure it is helpful if you have time and space.

I have always owned multiple dogs so the pressure for the young pup to be polished ASAP is not applicable to me. Patience and fun ... and they all have come along nicely.

Perfect Start/Perfect Finish by Perfection Kennels. If you are consistent and follow through with this video series, you will have a very nice finished dog. I think it is the best pointing dog video series available.

I am going to take a look. I will be getting a new pup in the next year or so.

Look for area pointing dog or Brittany gun dog clubs ... I have had good success with that route.

Summer is somewhat tough with heat and green grass that is chlorophyl rich (I believe it masks scent).

I actually read the delmar smith book which I enjoyed a lot. I just got word from my breeder that he expects whelping next week. Can't wait to start training!

Back