Best GoPro 8 settings

I run a Hero 9 and 11, but this is what I use:

Stock lens: 4k, 30fps, linear w/ horizon leveling, high bitrate, low sharpening, flat color.

Max lens mod: 2.7k, wide, high bitrate, low sharpening, flat color.

I'm not sold on the max lens mod, I get weird glares with it, but it's nice to be able to shoot wide with 100% horizon leveling.

If I remember, and if the light it good, I'll change my FPS to 60. That gives the option for slomo and some better stabilization.

I edit on Davinci resolve. I think it has a free version, but I use the paid version since it's not a subscription. Adobe subscription service is a rip off.

As far as mounts, I hate the feeling of a camera on my head. I have a shoulder mount that works well with my WingWorks vest.

This was shot on the Hero 11 with the max lens mod: 2022 Phez

Oh, regarding the enduro batteries, I have 4 and they are great. Honestly not a huge difference in recording time, BUT they work when they are cold. I've been frustrated so many times by cold GoPro batteries that wont even power up the camera.

Another side topic...is anyone using the Enduro batteries? If so, do they really last longer? Any aftermarket batteries that you like?

I have been using the Enduro batteries and they do last a little longer. I'm mostly curious about their performance in cold temps.
I've never tried aftermarket batteries.

Back