Best Canine Arthritis Supplement?

Bird Buster

I have a 12 year old lab that is starting to get gimpy at times and I have used Glucosamine/Chondro supplements on him for a long time but now it doesn't seem to be helping much seems like. Not sure if I maybe need to switch to a different product possibly or maybe even go with Rimadyl or Deramaxx. Anyone have any feedback on products they have used on arthritis with older dogs?

I used Rimadyl on a dog with hip displaysia and arthritis and it did wonders. The dog was at a point where he couldn't walk up steps. After a few days on Rimadyl he was going up the steps and acting like a new dog.

Give it a try. Some have warned about the side effects but I never saw any. Your dog is 12 years old so really side effects shouldn't even be an issue if you can provide him some relief for his remaining days. But check with your vet. Good luck. It's always tough when a dog get to this stage of life.

Rymadyl, my lab has been on it for two years straight. He is twelve now. If he misses about three days he will have a hard time getting around. Muscle atrophy is a bigger issue now; just from old age.

Good luck.

Uckele is a company in blissfield,mi that makes suppliments for horses,dogs and humans.We have our english mastiff on allergy pills from them and they work great no more break outs.Im almost positive they have stuff for joints and hips.If you call them they will send you out a booklet on dog stuff.Prices are reasonable and there stuff works.WE have a friend who works for them and she is a bio chemist for them.

Back