best age to start the bonding process

ljckr

I am looking at getting a 4 month old pup and i know most pups are picked up at about 2 months of age, have i lost some valuable time with the pup to start the bonding process and other basic training. From what i have talked to the breeder he has been socilazing the pup and doing basic things with her. Just wanted to know what you all thought about how old is too old to get a pup ,thanks.

none

i got an 8 month old ep given to me took him about a week to trust me and he is nails meaning cant beleive he was free wow im living right answer to your question bond about a week

so pretty much if i like the dog and it seems to be ok then i will probably be fine and haven't really lost anyting at getting her at 4 months.

Got a 3 yr. old French Brittany and he was 5 months when we got him. You'd be hard pressed to find a dog with a stronger bond to a family then him.

No big deal. Any age will bond if they have not been abused. I got my GSP when he was a year old and he acts like if I would have got him at 8 weeks. Treat them right and take them everywhere.

Dogs Will Bond at Any Age

I am looking at getting a 4 month old pup and i know most pups are picked up at about 2 months of age, have i lost some valuable time with the pup to start the bonding process and other basic training. From what i have talked to the breeder he has been socilazing the pup and doing basic things with her. Just wanted to know what you all thought about how old is too old to get a pup ,thanks.

If you like the pup, get it. Most dogs will bond with a human at any age.

yes brought her home saturday. First 2 days alittle slow she got sick on the way home starting to get comfortable at her new home. doing good on her name and the here command, doing leash training as well to the pen and in and out of the house and she has already established her place in the house on her dog pillow in the living room.

Back