Benelli UL and recoil?

JPH

I'm considering adding a 12 ga. BUL to my gun selection. Only want it for walking upland birds-pheasant, chukar etc. Wondering about opinions on the recoil from people who actually hunt or have hunted with this gun. The heaviest loads I plan on shooting would be a traditional Pheasant load: 1 1/4 oz @ 1330 fps. Would I expect this load to be too much in this gun? I realize a lighter gun tends to have more recoil.

I own and regularly shoot a M1 12ga and M1 20ga with heavy, HV(1450fps) steel loads for waterfowl, and have for 12+ years. Is the BUL recoil anything similar to these guns/loads?

Wish there was a place to demo the gun and see for myself about the recoil.

Thanks for any feedback on recoil, loads and the UL 12 ga in general. :cheers:

I don't own one, but I soon will. A friend of mind has one and let me carry it a few days this past season. The most I shot it hunting any one day was only 6 or 7 times, but I did shoot it 15 or 20 times one day shooting clays. Recoil was not a factor. The gun is a 12 gauge and I did shoot Win. 1 1/4 oz. loads while hunting.
I don't belive for me the recoil was any more than my Citori Sup-Lite which also is a 12.

Back