Benefit Raffle

timag

I hope I am not breaking any posting rules by placing this post. If the administrators have a problem, please let me know and I will remove the post.

With that being said, I am involved with a fund raiser being held for Kari (Blais) Meyerink. Kari has been in and out of the hospital over the past 3 years battling a serve intestinal disorder. This disorder has left her unable to remain employed and she and her husband are in desperate need of some financial help.

For that reason I helped to put together a raffle. We have a bunch of great prizes put together, including:

1. A 3 night 2 day pheasant hunt for 5 people on the Yuker farm west of Mobridge SD. This hunt will be fully guided and lodging is included. Hunt date is November 13th and 14th.

(This hunt will be on private land with tons of wild pheasants to test your wing shooting skills.)

2. A Mossberg "Silver Reserve" Over/Under 12 gauge shotgun.

3. A Savage .17 HMR rifle.

4. A one night stay in a whirlpool suite at the Ramada Inn & Suites in Sioux Falls SD. This also comes with a $50 gift certificate to Castaways Bar & Grill or The Tiki Bar. (Both are located inside the Ramada.)

5. Two Minnesota Twins vs. Toronto Blue Jays tickets (at Target Field), October 2nd and a one night stay at the AmericInn in Hutchinson MN.

6. A Rapala Rod & Reel Combo donated by Kampeska Lodge.

The price of a raffle ticket is $50 and only a limited number (150) will be sold. The value of the prizes is near $5000!

To get your ticket, or if you have any questions, please contact me anytime.

Thanks,
Tim Gilmour
605-237-8959
timag@tktents.com

Tim,

I might be interested in a ticket but first I have a question. I know that in order to legally hold a raffle here in Aberdeen you have to obtain some kind of permit from the city. Have you checked into that in Watertown. It's not that I doubt the validity of your raffle and cause but something that can substantiate your raffle might be beneficial to selling some tickets here. Just a thought and best of luck with your fund raising.

George

George,

Sorry I wasn't able to respond earlier, but I have'nt been back on this site in a while. I did not check with the city for the raffle rules, mostly due to shortage of time. We have, however, sold all the tickets for the raffle. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

Tim

Back