Awfully quiet on the boards, how goes?

CO_Weimar

Just checking in.

The wet weather has potential to produce good cover. Fingers are crossed that we don't get any really bad weather in phez country.

We have our 3 1/2 year old dog down at Hideaway Kennels getting "re-educated" :laugh: ... he is all "go" and no "whoa" ... has been that day since the day we brought him home. We have been going down there to work with him and Ben every weekend. Seeing progress.

Our 2 year old finished up being a "fancy boy" in the show ring, and have started doing formal training for hunt tests and hunting. He's easy, not like the 3 year old hard head. ;):laugh:

Our old veteran, he's in summer hibernation, but I am hoping to get him out for another year of hunting. He has been prone to seizures, but I am hoping that his Cannabidiol (CBD oil) treats will help to make difference in his ability to go hunting without having a seizure (or anxiety over having a seizure). So far, it looks promising.

Hope everyone is doing well!

:cheers:

montana

roading our brittanys getting them in shape to head north we met you at a hunt a while back hope you and your dogs are doing well ben has one of our dogs which is being bred

RE: Roading - Woohoo! :cheers:

Ben has been roading Blitz while he is there.

Need to get the 2 year old running off of the bike. Also, the handler needs some roading wokr as well or else I will be buying new hunting gear in the fall. :laugh:

This summer is all about the dog. He got his Advanced Pointing retriever title in April and we are going for Master the first of September and Grand Master the following week. I will hopefully be hunting over a 2X Grand Master by opening day!:cheers:

Woohoo!!!
Congrats, and good luck!

With the dog (Blitz) that I have at Hideaway Kennels - hopefully he will be ready for AKC Senior Hunter (Pointing) ... he honors and retrieves to hand, but he needs to be steady.

We are working with our youngest "Cowboy" ... and will probably run him in SH in the fall as well. He might not do any hunting until he has gone as far as he can go in AKC. A season of chasing pheasants seems to be counter productive when testing. :rolleyes:

This summer is all about the dog. He got his Advanced Pointing retriever title in April and we are going for Master the first of September and Grand Master the following week. I will hopefully be hunting over a 2X Grand Master by opening day!:cheers:

Well, Remi got his Advanced Pointing Retriever title back in April...started working in getting him ready for running Master, however several life events have derailed things. Lets face it folks, at least for me, while hunting, running hunt tests, training, shooting are all high on my priority list, there still are things that are higher.

First, my Papa (my grandfather, in Texas pronounced "Pawpaw") passed away back in May. Then right before that my soon to be ex-wife and I decided to call it quits after nearly 24 years....it was amicable and a long time coming. I am much happier now.:cheers::10sign: Besides, I do not have anyone to worry about nagging me about why I am gone hunting all the time or spending money at Bass Pro or Cabelas or Sportsmans :thumbsup::D.

I also had to take my now 16 year old son down to an in-resident treatment place (he has some emotional and behavioral issues)....so I am trying to get back in the swing of training and get ready for the Master test coming up in September....

Need to get out and do some shooting....ready for hunting season....

Take care and god bless,

Greg

I don't have much to report in terms of bird sightings. A lot of work during the day and running/swimming the shorthairs in the evenings. The cover is very tall where I run the dogs and I've been watching the weather like a hawk out in pheasant country. Looks like many great hunting states are in store for better numbers of all kinds of upland birds. :cheers:

Greg, definitely sounds like you have had your hands full but sounds like things are on the mend. Hope you get time in the field with the dog and I'll see you in Cheyenne!

Things are looking pretty good out there.

19656191440_6ca9c6fc69_z.jpg

19221574344_e2026c2ed5_z.jpg

Back