Archery pheasant hunt

PortageFire75

Hey anyone want to do an archery pheasant hunt on Dec 18th at Smith's Pheasant Crest near Oxford,WI. We are looking for a few more guys. Sign up and some practice is at 11 hunt to start at noon. the more guys we get the more birds we all get to hunt. cost is 34 bucks a hunter.

Sounds fun but I plan on being in Kansas at that time let me know if you do it another time a little later (earlier which ever way you look at) in the year. January maybe?

Sounds fun,

Scott

wow thats gotta be harder than archery deer. ive never heard of such season on archery on pheasants. must be a real challenge.

we are doing it at a pheasant hunting preserve so we don't have to worry bout seasons. If you have never done it you should come. it is a blast we do not end up getting alot of birds but it is alot of fun trying! you hunt the pheasants over pointers and we he goes on point everyone make a u shape around the dog. when the bird flushes everyone lets fly looks like one af the scenes in the old movies where the archers let fly. if you are interested in coming let me know.

we are doing it at a pheasant hunting preserve so we don't have to worry bout seasons. If you have never done it you should come. it is a blast we do not end up getting alot of birds but it is alot of fun trying! you hunt the pheasants over pointers and we he goes on point everyone make a u shape around the dog. when the bird flushes everyone lets fly looks like one af the scenes in the old movies where the archers let fly. if you are interested in coming let me know.

wow.. does sound fun and an extreme challenge. although i do not have a bow. i couldnt come.

You guys using blunt tips on the arrows. How many you lose a day. I have never heard of this would love to see photos of it maybe a youttube video?

i noticed still a gun was involved in case the bird kept going to far. i would find it disturbing if the bird got away with an arrow in it and didnt die.

honestly I think the gun is there in case they miss... I'm not seeing birds getting away with an arrow stuck threw them, and living.

True... but Deer vs. Pheasant?? not so sure... There was a video of geese last year around the KC area on the news that had arrows stuck in them sitting out on the lake. That was also some stupid kids with nothing better to do that did this. I'm thinking that hunters doing this for pheasants are going to find 99% of hit birds with this method...

True... but Deer vs. Pheasant?? not so sure... There was a video of geese last year around the KC area on the news that had arrows stuck in them sitting out on the lake. That was also some stupid kids with nothing better to do that did this. I'm thinking that hunters doing this for pheasants are going to find 99% of hit birds with this method...

yup.. but again, i can see why a gun was involved in case you do hit it and it doesnt go down. but it does kinda kill the fun if you have to have a gun kill the birds you hit with an arrow and it doesnt go down. It would have to take extreme patience and aim to have such skill.

I talked to my friend who owns the farm. we will not have a back up shooter,one reason we do not use a back up is so that we can reflush the birds if we miss the first time. but he also told me he has not had a pheasant that gets hit get away with an arrow stuck in it. All the birds that i have seen get hit with an arrow drop a pheasant is not as hearty as a goose(i saw that video too with the goose.)we use field points or the old two blade bear broad heads that have been filed down so the dog cant cut his mouth on a retrieve.

Back