Anyone planning a trip to KS

sigav8r

If anyone is planning a weekend road trip and would like some company or would like to help a new pheasant hunter, give me a shout. Or even if it's a Texas hunt somewhere. I'm in the Dallas area but looking for some Pheasant opportunities in TX, OK, KS. Would be willing to split gas/expenses.

No time in particular. Just wondering if anyone had plans or would like to make plans to head up there.

Well, thanks to a fellow UPHer, I will be the proud owner of a new gsp (well new to me) a month from now. Wife has agreed to let me take the new family member to KS after Christmas! If any of you guys have some experience on where I should start researching for hunting areas, please feel free to pass it along! And if anyone is interested in tagging along or meeting up, feel free! Any good intel is worth a free beverage in person!

From what I have read, your best chances are to stay west of Salina. Kansas Parks and Wildlife post a bird forecast on their website that could narrow your choices depending. Also they have the Hunting Atlas so you can get to the WIHA's where ever you are hunting. Alot of guys on here have gotten threads in the Kansas forum that would be able to help you out too. Hope This Helped and Congrats on the GSP!!!!!

:cheers:

We are put on Kansas Pheasant Hunt Nov. 18,19,20

If your interested - we are looking for folks from the DFW area to join us. We still have 12 openings. We are The WingSport Depot we run a quail ranch one hour north of DFW for people looking for quality quail hunts close to the cities. We have a wild pheasant hunt planned the second week of the Kansas season. 5k acres. Here is the link with details.

Ed

http://www.wingsportdepot.com/waterfowl_id.html

Back