Anyone finding ammo in the off-season?

Can work something out
Let’s take this offline and can work out the details
Email me @ brdhunter16@gmaildotcom
The "Start Coversation" is the equivalent of a "private message" on this board. Some folks are sensitive about putting/leaving an undisguised email address out on the net. Citori might want to edit that address. Just hover over the person's name/advator on the left side....also has "follow" and "ignore" options there.

The "Start Coversation" is the equivalent of a "private message" on this board. Some folks are sensitive about putting/leaving an undisguised email address out on the net. Citori might want to edit that address. Just hover over the person's name/advator on the left side....also has "follow" and "ignore" options there.
We took it to email. I sent one to the private message too but I think we may have sent at the same time lol! He can delete that message now, we have been in touch in email.

I thought the shells Bob found were absurd, those with 2.25 oz of shot...they will kill from either end of the gun! Even for turkey, how low must your confidence be to think using those might help you? Forget the price, even at $10/box what are you shooting with those?

Our local stores are loaded up with the run of the mill stuff...nothing great. The grey box Winchesters and the cheap Fiocchis....some Kent here and there. Hoping the premium shells start showing back up....but if not we will make it work. I've just noticed my patterns to be much better with the next step up in shells. I will say the pricing is up though, but such is life these days.

Was in Cabela in Saginaw yesterday. Their inventory of both lead and non-toxic ammo is expanding. Target loads in all 4 gauges, starting at $ 10.00.

My local gun store has a good supply of pheasant and game loads for all gauges. Plenty of target ammo too. I have been buying the cheap federal 4 pack boxes of target loads at Walmart they are around $32.00 now.

Seeing more hunting type loads showing up on line. I don’t like the price of them but at the end of the day not a huge deal. If you shot a case of shells per season it means you had a hell of a season for seeing and shooting and if they are $5-6 more per box it means it cost you $60 more on your total costs. Not the end of the world. I’ve some what accepted the days of good Nickel or copper plated shells for $14-16 per box are probably over.

I picked up 3 sleeves of CCI 209 primers at the local Bomgaars for a little over $5 each. I was pretty happy with that. Just wish they would've had more.

I have never looked at Bomgaars for reloading supplies, strange they could get them when stores like Scheels or Fleet Farm struggle to get many. $5 isn't a bad price, pre-COVID prices, were at times, close to that. Hopefully they will be back in supply, once you get through those 300.

I have never looked at Bomgaars for reloading supplies, strange they could get them when stores like Scheels or Fleet Farm struggle to get many. $5 isn't a bad price, pre-COVID prices, were at times, close to that. Hopefully they will be back in supply, once you get through those 300.
I would not have thought to look there either, but I will from now on. A coworker saw them and bought them for me. Wish they would've had more!

Checked at Cabelas and Runnings in Mitchell $24.99 for 16 ga game load,it can stay on the shelf for that price.
Prairie Storm 20 ga 4 or 5 shot for 42.99 at Runnings.

Fleet Farm in Sioux City and Runnings in Vermillion have been very high priced. Scheels is selling Kent Fastlead 1 1/4 oz loads for $10 a box less than Fleet Farm.

Back