any word on when the pheasant crow counts will be out?

bchunter

Hey everyone. Just anxiously awaiting the crow counts this year. I have a feeling we are going to have a good year. Been up in the far northeast part of the state and have even seen a few birds on the ground. Maybe a little easier to see them with what little land is not under water right now. Have been working with my new pup and am very excited to get her on some birds this year. At 8 months old she is finally starting to put it all together and grasp things a lot quicker. We just had our first point on a wild unplanted bird last week. She even held the point when a songbird landed ten feet to her right. Less than six months from now we will be hitting the field.

I realize that the crow count doesn't predict fall populations but I still enjoy seeing it. I would have expected to see it sometime in mid-July. Anyone have any inside information on when KDWPT will have the numbers together. The bobwhite whistle counts were posted about a month ago and are very encouraging. I'm antsy to get the new dogs on some birds and need something for my pheasant fix.

I am right there with ya...i am ready to get my pup on some birds to get her ready for the season. I am thinking about taking her up to perry wa on sunday and do some conditioning and field walking and see what we run into.

Doing a roadside count today. Still 3 weeks of data collection to do. Patience grasshoppers!

Back