Any suggestions for private land near Faulkton?

I just read this post and want to come to the Faulkton area next week. Ive got access to some private ground but am always looking for another good spot. Paying to hunt not a problem. If you would share your contact I would appreciate it. Also if you have any info on the covid situation in that area. Im coming from St Louis and want to be aware of what the outbreak is doing. On line it looks like Faulk Co is much better than where I am. Thanks again
Sent you a PM.

You might try stopping in a few places around Aberdeen like the truck stop. I seen place advertise pay to hunt. Depending how far from Faulkton you are willing to drive 40 to 60 miles really not to far from were you maybe staying.

SD one of many hot spots for covid, wear a mask, wash hands and stay out of bars, would be my thoughts.

I was in North and South Dakota in Late October and did just that. Asked for no room service and disenfected everything. Made sandwiches and did curbside where I could.There is little seriousness there in regards to this. They act as if they are in a bubble or something and now they are paying the price. One of my work contacts was there about the same time and chose to hang out in the bars and 6 or the 9 of them ended up testing positive. Unfortunately one of them then infected his father in law who ended up dying about a week ago. I believe the positivity rate was somewhere around 50% when I was there. That is crazy. Every bar was full.....

When I was in the Faulkton area the election week very few masks were worn in stores or restaurants, I always had mine and used most of the time.

I was in North and South Dakota in Late October and did just that. Asked for no room service and disenfected everything. Made sandwiches and did curbside where I could.There is little seriousness there in regards to this. They act as if they are in a bubble or something and now they are paying the price. One of my work contacts was there about the same time and chose to hang out in the bars and 6 or the 9 of them ended up testing positive. Unfortunately one of them then infected his father in law who ended up dying about a week ago. I believe the positivity rate was somewhere around 50% when I was there. That is crazy. Every bar was full.....

We were in a bubble, as were most rural states, for quite a while. And when the notion that masks don't do anything is presented in conjunction with low numbers of infected, many SD residents falsely assumed that our positivity rates were low because we were being smart. The truth is, we're spaced out (distance, not mentally) enough that it took longer for the wave to hit. People are slowly starting to realize how insanely contagious the virus is, but it's probably too little too late. What I do know is that any time I'm out hunting with Sage, I don't get sick, so I can argue that point to my wife. ;)

Wasn't in South Dakota but I was hunting in MN just across the border and went into a bar to get take out for dinner(I've been hunting this area for years and been to the bar alot so wanted to give them my business to do my part and keep em afloat) and there was like 30 people in there, bar counter was full, no masks, looked at me like I was crazy going in there with one on. Keep in mind, MN had (and still has) a mask mandate so I was just going along with it.

Kinda disappointed me that a place I like to go to when I'm out there hunting wasnt doing there part to keep cases lower when I'm doing my part and giving them my money.

Ironically enough, in October, there were multiple bars in western MN that were attributed to COVID outbreaks and fined for not following the rules. I'm sure that had nothing to do with pheasant opener.

Risk of infection remains reasonably low if you and your social network (friends and family) all follow the same set of guidelines.

While risk of infection remains somewhat low it jumps pretty fast and high if you associate with those that ignorantly feel that it won't happen to them. It takes just one person to infect a whole lot of their family and friends ...

Much of Western WI also remains mask free.

Risk of infection remains reasonably low if you and your social network (friends and family) all follow the same set of guidelines.

While risk of infection remains somewhat low it jumps pretty fast and high if you associate with those that ignorantly feel that it won't happen to them. It takes just one person to infect a whole lot of their family and friends ...

Much of Western WI also remains mask free.
Yeah a buddy of mine lives in Western Wisconsin. He said "no one cares" there. Not wearing a mask inside in the current climate, I attribute to me walking into a store or restaurant and smoking a cigarette. It's been long decided that smoke harms people and it's just a douche bag thing to do.

I keep saying the next place I go into that isn't requiring masks when they're supposed to be (here in MN) that I was going to light up a cigarette and see what happens. I haven't been able to be that much of an asshole yet.

I've spent a week in ND and three weeks in SD and leaving Monday for another week in each. Like most, saw few masks. I don't understand people who'll wave, stop and hold a door for a stranger, but won't wear a mask simply to be courteous. I don't care how effective wearing a mask is, I'll do it simply out of respect.

Im leaving for SD in a few hours and this covid crap bothers me more than it did a month ago on my first trip out there. Staying in a Motel Ive packed a “first in” bag that I’ll walk in with to run cleaning wipes over everything. Including the room door knob before walking in. Ive made it this far.......

Im leaving for SD in a few hours and this covid crap bothers me more than it did a month ago on my first trip out there. Staying in a Motel Ive packed a “first in” bag that I’ll walk in with to run cleaning wipes over everything. Including the room door knob before walking in. Ive made it this far.......
Yeah I know what you mean. I'm not as worried about surfaces after hearing that it's alot less likely to get it from surfaces as person to person. I'm more concerned with standing next to some dude coughing without his mask on who has it and getting me sick haha

I'm making a Nebraska trip this year in January and I'm not concerned down there too much because I'm staying at a motel/cabin type place with a full kitchen so I can make my own food and avoid people at the bars or restaurants haha

We just got back from a 5 day hunt out there. Our 3rd trip out there this year. We lived in a bubble this entire trip because as has been stated - very few seem to care enough to take basic precautions even as their numbers go through the roof. We packed in all food and drinks, paid at the pump, bio breaks on the roadside to get out to the house.

They say they want things open to support the local economy, and I normally like to do that - drop a quite a bit of coin at the local bars and restaurants in a usual year. But since none of the establishments care to take basic safety precautions to protect us or our families (or even themselves), I choose not to reward that behavior.

Back