Any recent updates from Nebraska?

Hunter1971

Any recent updates from Nebraska? I was thinking about jumping the border possibly this weekend? Anybody have some good advice? Its just me and my Setter.

Jumping the border won't bring magical surprises as reading reports from KS, CO and NE all point to this is going to be a tough season in all these places. The drought pretty much hit this region hard. If I had the time I would be headed to ND or SD myself if I could.

Ditto that. I've hunted that area for almost 20 years and it is as bleak as i have ever seen it. I have access to quite a bit of private land and some of my "go-to" hot spots gave up 1 rooster each last weekend. And no quail. I was getting hopeful about the quail recovery in that corridor, but one more strike against our petite little friends.

I am planning two 5 day trips to South Dakota in late Nov and mid Dec. Sucks, but what can you do?

Wow.... just checked out that site. People are angry on there??? :eek:

Seems people want guarantees when they go out hunting. Birds counts from what I gather are down in multiple states including Colorado, Nebraska, and Kansas. But for me I just was thinking about buying a license in either Kansas or Nebraska to go along with my Colorado licence just so I could learn new areas for this year and future years to come.

I hunted around Eustis over Halloween. There where pheasants, not like SD, but it wasn't bad. We saw and shot quite a few quail. Hunted three days and shot quail everyday. Best day we saw ten coveys with about ten to twenty in each. We hunted private at a great rate including lodging. We stayed at Nature's rural Retreat. I've been going to SD for the past four or five years and hunted wia, we spent less hunting NE and had a way better time. I'll be going back next year. Randy and Cathy couldn't have been nicer, they are super people and the Farm house was just as nice.

Hayduke,

What kind of rates for that place you hunted?

If you could, will you please private message me some information? :cheers:

Back