Any Jeep Wrangler experts on UPH...

JMc

Super Moderator
Just bought the wife a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Golden Eagle in mint condition with a few mods...
3.5 inch lift
31x10.5x15's
American Racing wheels (not gold and glad they're not)
4.0I6 engine
Dana 44 rear axle
Dana 30 front axle
Soft top
AC
Automatic

Don't know much about Jeeps but my local guy says I stole it. Anyways, what do I need to look for, check, be aware of, add to, take away...

Remember, it's the wife's ride. I got the you bought a Harley guilt trip thrown on me, lost my man card, and bought her a Jeep.

In texas you should be Fine. I am not a fan of jeeps. They have to short of a wheel base. They tip to soon. But you dont go up hill much in Taxes. LOL
:thumbsup:

Actually, I'm in a great area around the canyons. However, I'm 5 hours from Santa Fe, Taos, or Denver.

Congrats & welcome to "It's A Jeep Thing!" I've had my '99 Wrangler for 14 of the 16 years it's been in existence. It's also my favorite vehicle (when the Kids asked me who gets it, I replied "Neither of you; when I die, bury me in it."). Since yours is lifted, it prolly has after-market lower control arms (& maybe uppers, too.); when you lube these, make sure you lube them rock-hard. If you hear a clunk, they either need grease or the nylon/composite bushings are shot from not being greased enough (easy to replace). Apart from that, drive it & enjoy it. Should you have a specific question, feel free to ask. Mine has:
4" lift
4.56 gears
33" tires & wheels
Hurst shifter (manual 5-speed)
Centerforce II clutch
Upgraded radiator (if yours ever starts leaking <gasket fails around the top, a common failure point of all modern OEM radiators>, upgrade it with an all-metal version.).
Jet Performance computer chip
hot ignition system
cat-back exhaust
quick disconnects on front end (allows full axle articulation)
new bumpers
8K# winch
rocker panel armor (rails & plating)
K&N cold air intake
off-road & fog lights
sound system
7" fender flares (just replaced the first set of 7's)
2 tops
117K actual miles
A few other aesthetic things that I've added . . such as neoprene seat covers, husky floor liners, etc.

Next year, I'm contemplating a Golen 4.6 Stroker engine upgrade. There is a wealth of after-market & custom stuff available for little Jeeps (check Quadratec.com among others; there are also Jeep forums on-line that have answers for most questions). If I were you, I'd be convincing my bride to swap vehicles with me, lol. Can Jeeps be flipped/tipped? Yes, if you're foolish; one can also have an accident with a shotgun for the same reason. The Jeep is also my pup's favorite ride & the rear compartment belongs to him, lol. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Here's where I'm at with the Jeep:
1. It's the wife's...and I have been reminded of that many times!
2. Turned front rotors replaced pads
3. Replaced rear brakes
4. Yes honey, I know, it's your jeep
5. Researched lift kit...it's a Rancho #6503; replaced shocks and stabilizer
6. New muffler and tail pipe, "got a thank you honey, it's so much quieter"
7. Replace rear pinion seal
8. Replaced plugs
9. Replaced rear seal, rod, and main bearing
10. Installed Alpine with XM, Bluetooth, etc.
11. Installed new 5.25 front and 6.5 rear Polk speakers
12. Runs and sounds like new money
13. Handed off both sets of keys and my man card...not my jeep!

Last edited:
Looks like a nice ride, JMc; now find her a car she REALLY likes . . . little Jeeps are a passion.

Car she likes is in the garage...2012 Buick Enclave AWD. It's a beautiful and great ride. Yep, I'm a good husband!

Nice...what Rocker Guards do you have. I'm looking at pulling the stock step and plastic mud guard off and adding a guard. I've considered the Bushwhacker so that it would match my fenders and the Jeep will not be a rock crawler. But I do like yours.
Jim

Olympics
http://www.quadratec.com/products/13116_400X_PG.htm

I also bought the rubber gasket material.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12003_500.htm

These attach to existing openings in the body tub, so there's no need to drill & tap the frame. Takes 2 guys to install, but they go on pretty easy. I used a block on an ATV jack to position them for installation. Contrary to the directions, I carefully installed all three 1/2" bolt brackets first, then positioned the guards; I did tighten the side attachment point last. Some of the parts got lost in-transit (box looked like it was bounced here), but 1 phone call & Quadratec had the manufacturer send me a complete set right away.

Back