Ammunition

JSMITH

What are your recommendations for the best place to get ammo online or in store? I have a hard time finding Remington Nitro, which I seem to have the most success with.

I’ve purchased from Midway, Cabela’s, Sportsmans Club and Academy with no problems. Looks like Sportsman’s Club has some nitros. Fiocchi Golden Pheasant are very good and a little easier to find as well.

Roger’s Sporting Goods. If you’re in the KC area, it’s worth stopping by their store in Liberty, MO.

Just dont shoot Federal "Heavy Field Loads" They suck -- I've crippled more birds with them than anything else --

Now the only thing I pay attention too is the fastest load FPS wise in the shot size I want. I shoot 20 g - so if I recall 1200-1300 fps or so is a pretty good load. In 12 g its around 1400 fps or so. I've lost less birds that way and get better penetration with the shot win the birds are hit.

Federal Heavy field loads I dont know how many quail and phez I'd get that would have pellets fall out of the skin/feathers when I was cleaning the birds.

Thanks for the info. I may just have to go with a different brand than the Remington Nitro. KsHusker- I have never had good luck with Federal either.

I like the Nitro. I also like Fiocchi. Anyone shoot the Federal Prairie Storm? I haven't tried them.

I shoot both the Fiochhi Golden Pheasant and Prairie Storm.. They are both good shells. I'm actually shooting Prairie Storm now and have only had 1 wounded pheasant out of the 6 that I've shot so far this year.

Back