Alpha 200.

RGettman

Does anyone have experience with the new Alpha 200? What are its pros/ cons? Mostly is it worth the extra cash? I need a visual tracker and am open to ideas. Thank you fo the input.

Vs. the alpha 100 is has a bigger screen that is easier to read in sunlight. They added buttons on the side. It's supposedly a good unit for hunting. For training it is only good for one dog, because correction is difficult to switch between dogs, is a negative I've read. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

There is a Garmin Alpha group on facebook that has many users and their feedback/impressions by the various users will give you a good sense. New product that will get better over time. I'm sticking with my Alpha 100's for now.

Can't speak for the 200 but I love my 100. Are you looking to upgrade from the 100 or get into the Alpha units altogether?

I went from the 100 to the 200, and to me it is worth it. I can have 4 dogs on the screen at once and the buttons on the side to cycle through dogs works great with gloves unlike the 100 which is hard to do with glove on.

Back