Alex area

FCSpringer

I went out for a short jaunt today, couldn't leave the one dog home with stitches with the wife long. Flushed 4 roosters, The first two flew right over a truck that was coming, I was getting close to the road. So I did not shoot. The next one I dusted and the fourth I fanned on bigger than life. So I went home with 1 bird OH well it was still fun. Not too bad for just walking about 30min. or so. Beautifull afternoon. Public land again. This time they had just picked the corn.

It is hit r miss, i have been lucky. It has been productive to hit the edges by picked but not plowed beans. Or if you get lucky and find picked and plowed corn,there are some of those now. Standing corn area has been better late in the day. Good luck

Save a few for me. I am heading out your way tomorrow. Then to SD on Monday.

:thumbsup:Shouldn't be a problem, just sitting around the house going nuts, getting fat and babysitting the wounded dog for the most part, Good luck and let us know how you do, Just don't shoot holes in my house please:D

Good Luck in Litchfield area too

yeah, I've been hunting around maple lake and litchfield and have had prettygood luck. I haven't noticed a difference as far as bird numbers compared to last year. But, I think my dog is getting smarter too. So far so good.

I never made it out that way Sunday. I decided to go grouse hunting instead because there is no snow. I may stick with grouse until the snow flies, I have always had much better luck finding grouse in MN vs Pheasants.

You are most likely missing out, it has been better than one might think. tOlzon and I are getting togeather on Sat. to hopefully have some fun. I saw a few roosters on my way to work yesterday, they are out there. Now grouse I always see or hear them damm things but can't connect that well. Too fast for me, All I do is kill trees

Had a real good hunt on Sunday on some private land near Osakis that had not been hunted yet. 3 guys and just my dog and we filled out in about 2.5 hours. My 3 day trip to South Dakota was much tougher hunting.

Just a couple " thank God. I wanted to run the dogs in normal conditions for a few more times, not crotch deep mode. They can keep that stuff down there, we got plenty last year. Hunting has been great up here.:thumbsup:

I was up in your area last Friday. All of the publics had fresh tire tracks so it looks like there are still a few people getting out. I was hoping people would find some other things to do by now.

Back