Afternoon Hunt

Kirkdj2002

Hello everyone,
Recent transplant to Iowa. Spent the afternoon on public ground around Spencer. Nice hunt. Have a happy new year.
Kirk

Welcome to the forum Kirk! Today and tomorrow are great days for hunting weather-wise.

A limit on public ground this time of year is something to be proud of! Congrats!:)

Ken

we hunted the jefferson area yesterday, at the dunbar slough i took two then we headed to the snake creek marsh and my son in law took two. we saw alot of birds at snake creek but they just didnt want to sit,,,,at all, it was a tough day and we EARNED our birds, going back up on monday i gotta give the pooch a couple days of rest. love the late season!:cheers:

Very nicely done and welcome!

We hunted pretty hard the 27th-28th. Saw plenty, got on few. A couple of guys I was with limited out.

we hunted the jefferson area yesterday, at the dunbar slough i took two then we headed to the snake creek marsh and my son in law took two. we saw alot of birds at snake creek but they just didnt want to sit,,,,at all, it was a tough day and we EARNED our birds, going back up on monday i gotta give the pooch a couple days of rest. love the late season!:cheers:

Hey Roscoe it sounds like we frequent the same hunt areas on occasion. Actually believe I saw you walking into the field with the wiem one time, didn't realize it till later that day when I read a thread on here.

But, if you run across a black F-150 with a single dog box and a couple " Want Birds? Hunt with an Ugly Dog" window stickers, stop by and say "Hello". I'm off for some bird/rabbit/deer/coyote hunting for the next week so you may see me out and about.

Good luck the rest of the season! :cheers:

Back