Advice on cocker spaniel puppy

EddiefromOhio

I am no bird dog trainer but many of you are pros. what are some good things to do with my pup to start him out. I introduced him to a dog trainer yesterday that said he wants to take him later this summer when he gets to be a little older. Until then its up to me to start the process.

My pup loves chasing my hen chickens, and he is interested in short spurts in dragging my pheasant throw already. :D

Any things I should avoid, or attempt at this 4 month old mark?:confused:

I've got three of the little angel's (or devil's depending on the day). At this point in the pup's life, make sure everything is fun. You don't want him to have a bad experience with anything in life as he is just starting to learn and experience things. With that said, the pup still needs to know there are boundaries if he is a house dog. Like I won't put up with getting on counter tops and other things you don't want him to do. Just make sure that when he does something right, you let him know about it.

Where did you get him from? Who were his parents? Just curious as there aren't a ton of Cocker people around.

Back