Aberdeen Article - Question

Magnum_WI

Anyone in SD see this article in the Aberdeen paper?... I was trying to post it but looks like I need subscription in order to see the full article.

Pheasant sting leaves hunters with no birds
Out-of-state hunters say hotel provided bad info on storing pheasants by GFP rules

We saw this article as we were driving home from our hunt yesterday and all of a sudden I see sign for a game check stop - it was kind of funny the timing.

The stop took less than 10 minutes, they checked our licenses and coolers and we were off. That was the first time we were checked the 10+ years we have been out there.

I am guessing a lot of people don't know the rule about public storage of birds at hotels etc. (must have Name, address, type of game, date of harvest labeled on bag) However, we did have a question on it....if our hunting party is renting a house does it apply as well (as opposed to a hotel - where different parties etc may be storing birds)

Reason I ask - they didn't say anything when they checked our birds at the stop - well maybe they felt sorry for us since we didn't' have too many birds in the coolers (mainly due to our 'shoot and release' philosophy - LOL)

Back