Abbie's first pheasant

wapsijim

Been a busy week with family matters. I only had an hour or so Sat PM but wanted to get the pup out once this week. A short drive to the local public area and ended up with Abbie's first pheasant. We only saw two, the first one I didn't get a shot, Abbie's fault, but that's another story......

Last edited:
Awesome!

I am sure you know that patience is the key! Many a wonderful hunting companion because of patience. Awesome for Abbie
!
:)

Last edited:
She's still a "puppy" at heart. The first bird I didn't get a shot at was because Abbie was just about to roll in something she found (raccoon poop I think). I reached down and grabbed the short leash I had on her and then the rooster flushes six feet from us.....

She was disappointed (didn't want to get in the truck) that we quit after just one hour though. She's a keeper!

Abbie is 17 months. I got her last fall (October) when she was 4 months old. I've had other "American" Brittanie's in the past, but this is my first Epagneul Breton, (French Brittany). She's still a handful at times, but getting better each time out.

Very nice! I spent a lot of days in the field with a Britt we used to have... a lot of cool hunt memories... she was a doll around the house and hunted like nobodies business! Have a great season with her.

Congrats on Abbie's first bird. Puppies will do all sorts of stupid $h!t, won't they!

Back