A1 dog boots???

laborshka

These seem interesting, I have tried others and didn't like them, has anyone seen these in action or used them, thanks in advance for any info!!

Best boots I have ever used personally. I have never lost any either, dog chewed one up once and I called the Denver # and they shipped me a replacement one for free. Don't order from Cabela's as they are highest as far as price goes. You can get them for 49.95 from Lion country supply or gundog supply.com and with the double velcro strap on top pretty hard to lose them truthfully.

Never used those, but seem pricey.

When I went to NE I wasnt prepared for cactus or the amount of sand burs that we would see. Luckly my friend was. SHe bought these boots from Mountain Ridge Sled dog supply.

They are pretty simple green boots made out of a heavy cloth. They use them on thier sled dogs. They have them for off season and snow.
The thing about them is I bought 4 sets for each dog at a total price of 60 bucks. They can be washed and they can be ordered as singles. I think 1 boot is 1.50. SO if you loose one it isnt that big of a deal.
The ones I used held up very well in the terrain we were hunting for praire chickens. If you run into a cactus area I would use the tough boot.

Oh, the other thing is, my dogs had never wore boots before and they werent bothered by these at all. The are basically as light as mittens.

I've posted before on this site about Jim's Dog Boots http://jimsdogboots.com/ I've used them and they do a very good job. And for the price of the A1 boots I can buy 4 pair of Jim's.

So Zeb, my question is do you have to duct tape them on as I have heard if these get wet they come off pretty easy? Does the underneath side have the same material or is it a black sewn in reinforcement padding? Definitely cheaper but I have done the cheaper thing years back and was losing them left and right. Pretty happy with what I have been using as way better made in my opinion. But hey whatever works for you is all that matters.

So Zeb, my question is do you have to duct tape them on as I have heard if these get wet they come off pretty easy? Does the underneath side have the same material or is it a black sewn in reinforcement padding? Definitely cheaper but I have done the cheaper thing years back and was losing them left and right. Pretty happy with what I have been using as way better made in my opinion. But hey whatever works for you is all that matters.

I have not had to duct tape them on. However, I have not used them in the field. Only when roading my dog on the bike paths. But she runs 12-15 mph for 5-7 miles and has never thrown a boot. So I don't think if would be a problem in the field but I don't know in the situation where they would get wet. They have additional material sewn on the bottom. I've run my dog with the boots quite a few times on concrete and they are finally showing some wear on the bottoms. I think they would last a long time in the field. If you buy a set GunDogSupply.com has cheaper shipping than directly from Jim's Dgo Boots.

Back