A new day

As I'm sitting in the chair thinking about all the great things VETERANS did to make this country great:thumbsup: I was wondering why it's not a day in the summer when we could honor them more? To me it should be a 3 day weekend thing maybe in august:) I'M I the only one that thinks this makes sense?
I would like to say THANK YOU VETS:10sign::10sign:

Veteran's Day was originally Armistice Day. Armistice Day coincides with the signing of the Armistice that ended WWI on the 11th hour or the 11th day of the 11th month in 1918. Pres. Woodrow Wilson proclaimed the first Armistice Day on Nov. 11, 1919. Congress changed the name to Veteran's Day in 1954 to honor all veterans that have served.

I'm a proud veteran having served in the U.S Army 1968-1971.

Thanks Vets

Should be everyday!!!! Thanks again to all that serve and all those who have served, especially to the ones who sacrificed everything!!!!!

I normally don't do this. But I could be the only Korean War Vet. 01/22/1952 ...12/03/1955 I would like to thank all those that have carried the torch of freedom, before and since my time. Especially those from before....Bob

I normally don't do this. But I could be the only Korean War Vet. 01/22/1952 ...12/03/1955 I would like to thank all those that have carried the torch of freedom, before and since my time. Especially those from before....Bob

Hey Bob, good to see you posting on the side. Hope to see you around here more.

Back