A little something to chew on

Saw that report. Of course, I never know what to believe.

It's tough when you're not familiar with the state. In Indiana, the reports tell me what I already know...

CC, your starting to get a few more pheasant up that direction. I hunt once in awhile up around Auburn/St.Joe and have been seeing more and more. What's amazing me is the Turkey up that way..

I've hunted in your area...It's intresting out west....farm from road to road, but if there is any cover, especially ditches, there are birds. I've also run into quail in Benton and Warren Counties.

We've got pockets of pheasant in the Northeast, especially in Stueben County...which really has some rough country.

A lot of public land up my way. Pigeon River is a huge tract and holds a lot of birds...of course, it gets pounded, but I've had luck not starting my hunt until around 3/4 in the afternoon.

Cary

Saw that report. Of course, I never know what to believe.

It's tough when you're not familiar with the state. In Indiana, the reports tell me what I already know...[/QUOT

What would you like to know about my great state? IMO it is very simple to get a WIHA map and find a place to put the hammer on some birds. I don't trust the reports much. They don't matter much to me because there are a lot more birds in this state than in many others. Best of luck to you. PM me if you seriously need some advice.

I'll PM you when it gets closer to us coming out. I've downloaded the walk-in maps and the GPS coordinate map. As I mentioned, we're high school teachers and won't be out till our Christmas break, so I'm assuming there won't be tremendous numbers on the public ground. Right now, it looks as if we'll be staying in Pratt.

Cary

Back