A fall cocktail to try

It made think of a drink that I found on a site called webtender.It takes 2 oz. everclear and 2 oz. orange soda.Can't remember the name off hand I'll have to look it and post the name to it.I know it begins with the letter p but can't think of it.

It made think of a drink that I found on a site called webtender.It takes 2 oz. everclear and 2 oz. orange soda.Can't remember the name off hand I'll have to look it and post the name to it.I know it begins with the letter p but can't think of it.

This is what you give a shy girl to make her expeditious. "Candy's dandy, but liquor's quicker." - Anonymous.

Last edited:
Found the name to the drink.It's called ponderosa.No joke that is what it's called. The site has several mixed drinks on it that sounds good to try at least once....Phil

Here is another one. 1 quart strong black tea,1quart rye whiskey,1 fifth red wine,1 pint jamaican rum,1/2 pint brandy,1 1/2oz. benedictine,1 pint orange juice,and 1/2 pint lemon juice. Combine all ingredients in a large punch bowl with ice.If to dry you can add sugar syrup. This is called Artillery punch.:D

Here is another one. 1 quart strong black tea,1quart rye whiskey,1 fifth red wine,1 pint jamaican rum,1/2 pint brandy,1 1/2oz. benedictine,1 pint orange juice,and 1/2 pint lemon juice. Combine all ingredients in a large punch bowl with ice.If to dry you can add sugar syrup. This is called Artillery punch.:D

Knock out punch is more like it (with some nutritious ingredients).

Don't forget to try some of Schells Prem fall beers and stop by New Ulm Minnesota for their October fest. Great German micro beer's and awesome German food

beer.jpg

http://www.schellsbrewery.com/home.php

Gin

Let me first say I am not a gin drinker. Next I made this drink for 2 guys that drop there dogs off for me to board and they too are not gin drinkers and they liked it. This is a light and good summer drink but I drink it off and on all year round.

This came from some web site and I can't remember where.

1 jigger of Gin
1/2 lemon juiced
Corn syrup to taste
ice
club soda to top

I mx gin, lemon juice, syrup together stirr this up. Then I add ice and stirr some more, then stirr in club soda do not stirr out the fizz just enough to mix it up is all. It's great! The only thing you will have to do is sweeten to your likeing.

enjoy!

Good old Red Beer in fall and hunting is tradition. Besides tomato juice good for you :)

I always liked beer and Clamato...:10sign:

Last edited:
I know those Kasas boy's love the spicey V-8 and beer of your choice!!! UUUMMMMMMM!!!!!!! Red Beer!!!! Or that Damn Fireball Whiskey that gives a guy instant Heartburn!!!!:cheers:

Sazerac

Tried my first sazerac last night, the cocktail of New Orleans. It's pretty tasty.

Ingredients:
2 oz. rye whiskey (more or less)

splash of herbsaint or similar anise flavored liqeur i.e. absinthe, anisette

three dashes bitters

tsp. or cube of sugar (or equivalent of simple syrup)

lemon twist

Directions:
chill a tumbler and in another tumbler add sugar or syrup and dash in the bitters and mix up

in chilled tumbler add splash of liqeur, coat inside of tumbler and pour (or drink) off excess

add ice and lemon twist to chilled tumbler

add rye whiskey to sugar and bitters, mix well and then pour into the tumbler with ice

Last edited:
Well I just tried my first bottle of home made hard apple cider we made. Whoa boy! 10% alcohol. The best!

Well I just tried my first bottle of home made hard apple cider we made. Whoa boy! 10% alcohol. The best!

Nourishment and an altered state all in one!

Nourishment and an altered state all in one!

I am telling ya.... This year is the best for Hard apple cider by far. My son-in-law and me will be making another 10 gallons tomorrow. and we are done. That will be 35 gallons on none stop nourishment and oh yea fun!:10sign:

Oh Yea Hunt94 I will bring some along for you to try!!!!!! (enjoy!)

Back