A fair shake for western quail

quail hound

Good news for all of us not in the "bob belt" QF is teaming up with the western quail management org to help out our beloved quail. After I read this I was very excited and emailed Sam Lawry not expecting a response for a day or so, he emailed me back within 10 mins. We are already friends and he even invited me to hunt grouse with him in Montana.

Here is the press release.

http://www.quailforever.org/page/1/PressReleaseViewer.jsp?pressReleaseId=106101

The most quail I've ever seen was along the coast in the Big Sur area. They were just all over this public parking area. It might have been the parking for Pfeiffer State Beach. Not exactly gun country.

The most quail I've ever seen was along the coast in the Big Sur area. They were just all over this public parking area. It might have been the parking for Pfeiffer State Beach. Not exactly gun country.

Lots of quail around there for sure but like you said, not exactly gun country. I could show you a handful of coveys running 75-100 birds where we can shoot though. Just don't shoot on the covey rise, its to hard to pick one to aim at.;)

QH, thank you for sharing that info. I'll be contacting Mr Lawry for more info on any plans to help our fire stricken areas in the south western part of Az. Fingers crossed.:)

I highly recomend that you do Jmac. He seems like he is truly interested in helping out our quail.

Email has been sent. I'll Pm you his responce. By the way take him up on the grouse hunt in montana.:)

I might just do that Jmac. I could take about three weeks of vacation, hunt my way through nor cal the eastern Oregon, a stop in Sw Idaho, then off to western Mt to meet my new friend. Talk about quail and follow the dogs. Then maybe some chukar around elko Nv and anywhere else the wind blows me. Ahh wouldn't that be the life?:cheers:

Back