a disappointing yet most memorable hunt for me

You would be better off going one county north and west..jackson and atchison counties are cheaper and they actually hold birds

Thanks. I have looked in Atchison County, along with land on the Missouri side from Weston to Smithville to Liberty.

Wow, that's a really good story, and you are definitely a lucky man!:thumbsup:

Last year I finally got my wife to block one draw, and walk one, gunless... She had probably a dozen roosters fly within swatting distance of her while she stood at the end of the draw waving her arms. It was pretty funny to watch her trying to "block" the birds, but less funny since I didn't fire a shot while walking. :laugh: I also let her walk in on one of Daisy's points while we walked the next draw. Scared the bejesus out of her when the hen came up. Good stuff... Who knows where it will lead, probably nowhere, but you never know. She's started claiming one of my dogs as hers, so hopefully she will want to take her dog hunting sometime this season. A guy can dream...

Anyway, good job making a new hunter, and scoring a second dog is icing on the cake!:cheers:

Great report -- you're fortunate to be able to share the fun of it all with your wife.

Also glad to hear there are some birds up there. I haven't been to that section of the state in a couple years, but this year I've seen some birds to the east and west of there.

BC one day people will find out how nice it is to hunt with their wife. If I have to pay for all the expenses, at least hunting with my wife I Dont have to split the birds. And on road trips she snuggles better than a stinky buddy would.

Back