A Beautiful Hunting Scene

BritChaser

On New Year's Eve day three friends and I were taking a line through milo stalks in an undulating field with small creeks and some rough ground through it. Snow still covered most of the ground. It was a beautiful upland setting covered by the blue High Plains sky. One hunter's stylish Gordon froze in a stunning high point, the afternoon sun reflecting off its glossy coat. It was an image of great beauty, worthy of a fine painting. We watched as my old friend walked to his dog's point and then doubled on the flush of Bobwhites.

Yea, that sounds like a postcard scene. I can almost picture it myself. I always carry a camera with me but I've never gotten a picture of my dog on point. I get pretty excited when she's locked up, I'm a rookie bird hunter just like her, so maybe with some seasoning I'll eventually get a great picture like the one you mention above.

Damn BritChaser, I'm reading your post and expecting to scroll down and see the beautiful picture you were describing. Man, what a disappointment. No Pic!! Get a camara! :)

Thanks for sharing that. Hunting is sure more then a pile of dead birds isn't it.
And for sure, you ought to capture that scene and share.:10sign:

Will be a Better Shutterbug

Damn BritChaser, I'm reading your post and expecting to scroll down and see the beautiful picture you were describing. Man, what a disappointment. No Pic!! Get a camara! :)

Got the camera. Just have to remember to take it and snap some shots.

Back