9/27 Crop Report

Hockeybob

Week ending 9/27
Field Crops Report: Corn condition rated 2% very poor, 4% poor, 22% fair, 63% good, and 9% excellent. Corn mature was 80%, well ahead of 24% last year and 54% for the five-year average. Harvested was 10%, ahead of 5% average.
Soybean condition rated 3% very poor, 6% poor, 24% fair, 60% good, and 7% excellent. Soybeans dropping leaves was 90%, well ahead of 50% last year, and ahead of 80% average. Harvested was 29%, well ahead of 1% last year, and ahead of 13% average.

Beans are coming out big time. Won't be many left after this week. I'm even seeing some corn being harvested. There is no rain in sight for the next week to 10 days so harvest should continue at a rapid pace. Probably going to be one of the earliest harvests in many years at this rate.

Beans are coming out big time. Won't be many left after this week. I'm even seeing some corn being harvested. There is no rain in sight for the next week to 10 days so harvest should continue at a rapid pace. Probably going to be one of the earliest harvests in many years at this rate.
Told my hunting buddy last night that after this week beans should be 75% and corn 20% and by mid October beans will essentially be done and corn should be to 60% and by Nov 1 corn should be at 85% based on the dry long term forecast I had looked at. Should lead to some good hunting.

Back