3 inches of rain in 1 hour in NW IA......

Thats a shame, from what we saw hunting up there last fall the population was already hurting. I bet we didn't see half the number of birds we normally do. Also with the winter you had you could use all help you could get with the nesting season this year!

md, Do you just post bad stuff? How about, hey I just saw 7 little pheasants in my back yard today. That would sound much better.

md, Do you just post bad stuff? How about, hey I just saw 7 little pheasants in my back yard today. That would sound much better.

I'm sorry I will try again.

Hey saw 7 dead little pheasants in my back yard today. Looked they drowned. But hey the sun is shining today.

we had 6 inches south of us last night. roads are closed due to flooding. some towns have lots of basements full of water. if scientist can clone sheep and dogs maybe they should try crossing a pheasant with a coot that way they could swim right after they hatch.

Last edited:
We have had at least ten inches in June alone at my place. 50% of 13 acres underwater for days at a time. Still hear some roosters and put up a hen a day or two ago, but have not seen chicks.

Back