2nd Trip This Season

mtnlab

Here is another report for you. Hunted 11/12-11/16, one guy, two PL's all on public land. Had pretty decent weather conditions, almost to warm over the weekend. Found birds just about everywhere I tried, of course some areas where better than others. Also found out it is a waste of time to push tree rows during deer season, the deer hunters like to push em and they get to start at daylight. Still a little bit of corn is up, but those areas may have been a pay to play or a bird sanctuary.
All said and done I brought home 12 roosters and was very happy with what I saw. The weather was so nice I think a lot of locals were taking advantage of it, kinda looked like opening weekend plus all of the deer hunters. Plan on making it out at least one more time, I'll let you know what I see.

Hey JB
If you were to read the post I put up a month ago it contains the info you are asking about. I have pretty much given up on hunting pheasants in Colorado, mostly because of to many hunters and their lack of ethics...

Hmmm...can't say I read your post from a month ago; now it's clear - you were in SD, correct? Southern part, middle or northern?

Thanks.

OK...found your first report - hunting near Winner.

Am headed that way tomorrow morning hunting uncharted territory, staying at a ranch - 5000 acres.

Back