20gauge reload data for 1oz

Ravosa27

Hi. I'm getting into reloading. I was preferably looking for a single powder I could use for 7/8 and 1oz. I'm using rem sts hulls with Remington wads and CCI primers. Hodgdon has load data for longshot but the problem is I'm using a Lee load all press and with the smallest powder drop it's still almost too much for the 7/8. I know a lot of guys like the universal or clays but can't find much data on either one. Any suggestions are appreciated

Herco and Blue Dot are your only options in the Alliant lineup for 1 ounce 20 gauge loads (they also have one recipe for 20/28 powder with AA hulls). If you're doing this for pheasant hunting the 23.5 grain 1 ounce Blue Dot load with AA hulls is really good. Pretty much the only load I use for pheasant hunting with my 20 ga.

Why limit yourself to a particular component? A guy should have a garage full of reloading stuff. That way you're ready for any data that comes along. Get some of the data from Ballistic Products. They'll probably be your best bet for lead loads. Reloading Specialties for steel. Then get yourself a couple more presses, funky little tools, chronograph, etc. & you'll be ready for some serious patterning, data logging & spreadsheet making. It's LOADS of fun!!!

I don't necessarily mind having a bunch of different stuff. But for what I shoot and the style of press it would be a little easier if I didn't have to change out the powder. But the blue dot looks like got stuff and i actually have a powder die for it so I'll probably pick some of that up

Back