2023-2024 Wrap Up

I never made it down there but I’ve heard some guys did alright. They should be a little more spread out than they have been the last couple of years. I heard last night the ground we hunt on is getting some more crp, hope that’s a trend

I hunted a little West of their late season and had a reasonable amount of bird contacts. I will hunt there next season barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Take this for what it’s worth, but on my way back from South Dakota this fall I talked to a guy in the new Casey’s convenience store in Liberal. He saw my pickup and dog trailer and asked where we’d been hunting. I told him South Dakota, and he said he was from the Liberal area and they’d been hunting around there and doing surprisingly well on both pheasants and quail. He said they were hunting both WIHA and private ground.

All of that made me think about buying a Kansas license and going back up there to give it a try, but I never did.

I haven’t hunted in Kansas in two years due to low bird numbers. I used to hunt in the Rolla/Hugoton area but it really hasn’t been worth going up there in recent years.

Back