2022 Trail Cam Pictures

It is looking like a petting zoo there! Love the crowing rooster, bobcat, turkey, jack rabbit and quail, which reminded me I heard a quail whistling in our CRP this week. Nice pics, thanks for sharing. I will expect a fox and coyote next week! Nice job on those.

Last edited:
Great pictures keep them coming. Its like the old saying a picture is worth a thousand words.

Three big things I noticed, 1. Wild quail and wild pheasant help each other out. I have noticed this over the years and I think the two species over the Southern Plains have a symbiotic relationship, they help other watch out for predators from chick size to adulthood. The greater number of eyes, ears and noses paying attention to bad predators the better for both species, they learn each others alert signals.
2. The photo on 06/25/2022 at 7:36 AM. Those chicks appear to be around 6 weeks old, that means the they hatched about May 14. That is a good sign because with good moisture, insects, nutrients and undisturbed nesting cover the hen that hatched those 6 week old chicks can hatch another brood.
3. Keep an eye on that Bobcat. They are night stalkers and they hunt for meat 24/7 all year, no close season for them.

There is our coyote! When you have that much wildlife around, it will include many preditors too. Keep posting your pics!

What's your habitat secret? Are the grasses pretty new? Are there shrubs and woods near also? What's the block? What state are you in? Whatever you're doing it's great. Keep them coming!! I guess gps coordinates are out of the question :LOL: ?

A porcupine...what state are you in? Lot of pheasants seems to bring lots of predators. Looking for the fox and opossum yet. Great pics!

Back